One of the readers of Cemetery Travel sent me the lovely video he made about his local graveyard, Elmwood Cemetery in Memphis, Tennessee. Edward Valibus says it’s the oldest continually active cemetery Memphis.
Where would you like to go?
Copyright information© Loren Rhoads & Cemetery Travel, 2011-21. Unauthorized use or duplication of this material -- either photos or text -- without written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cemetery Travel with a link to the original content. Questions? Use the Contact Me tab in the navigation bar above.
- 519,201 hits
Sign up for my mailing list!Click here to sign up for my monthly mailing list, which will keep you up to date on my speaking schedule and upcoming projects. As a thank you, you'll receive "4Elements," a short ebook that showcases one of my favorite cemetery essays, a travel essay, and two short stories, spanning from urban fantasy to science fiction.
Follow this blog via Email:
Top Posts & Pages
- Cemetery of the Week #95: Dodge City’s Boot Hill
- Marking Fred Gwynne's Unmarked Grave with Flowers
- Cemetery of the Week #129: the Graves of Jesse James
- How does Weather affect cemeteries?
- Resting Places of Horror Film Icons, Part Two
- Cemetery of the Week #54: Salt Lake City Cemetery
- Cemetery of the Week #46: the Martin Luther King Jr. gravesite
- Cemetery of the Week #113: Grave of Robert Louis Stevenson
- Cemetery of the Week #116: Wyatt Earp's gravesite
- Cemetery of the Week #84: National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
Cemetery Travel catagories
- 199 Cemeteries To See Before You Die
- Cemetery blogs
- Cemetery book review
- Cemetery essay
- Cemetery event
- Cemetery how-to
- Cemetery interview
- Cemetery movie review
- Cemetery of the Week
- Cemetery poll
- Cemetery postcard
- Cemetery snapshots
- Church burial
- Deaths Garden Revisited
- Facebook Cemetery Group
- Famous person grave
- Good cemetery news
- Museum show
- Photo Challenges
- Pioneer Cemeteries of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Travel query
- Wish You Were Here